Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

I loved the walking tour of Audubon, it is one of my favorite spots in this city. Every time I go I see new things about the park, as cliche as that sounds. It is such a truly enchanting place, I wish I would go more often. I certainly felt like Wordsworth this particular time I was there; englufed by nature and carrying it with me when I went back to the chaotic world. The walk was certianyl like the escape that Wordsworth spoke about in The Prelude; it brought me back to quiet, serene and slow paced life and simple pleasures. There is no fuss with nature; it just is. This made me think back to a major theme of Medieval poetry (from my Medieval Literature class) of just being. This along with Wordsworth's escapism and englufing feelings are what I thought about the entire walk. Nature is to just be to me; to simply live. I feel like with the fast paced world we live in and my own life most definitely, there is little to no time to just be. I can't remember the last time I could simply sit and reflect about anything and everything. The walk in Audubon for me was a chance to stop time and not necessarily do anything. While many had their notebooks out, I chose to just walk, sit and look. Words scribbled on a paper would never capture what I saw or felt; a memory was much better served for me. I wanted to enjoy the walk and not worry about writing things down, what I would write in my blog or anything else in my life. It was escapism at its best. As I walked back to my house after, I still felt this strong connection to the nature that I had just seen and been in and it reminded me of Wordsworth going to the dance and still feeling so overwhelmed by this nature he had been in earlier. It was something I kept with me for awhile after.

No comments:

Post a Comment