Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Walk in the Park

After walking through Audobon and reflecting, i noticed that i was becoming very irate with the nature that was almost unnatural in a way...every plant i saw that was put there and placed strategically by man was annoying me in a way that i couldn't quite put my finger on at that moment. So i continued to walk and think. I came to the conclusion that the nature that made me smile and feel warmhearted were the random trees, flowers, etc. However, the nature that made me particularly upset was the certain formations that were put there by gardeners.  I found myself thinking what is so natural about the unnatural way that man is creating these formations of gardens? I felt that the fact of nature is contradictory in some ways.  I linked this form of thinking to Wordsworth's "Lines Written in Early Spring."  He repeats the lines Have I not reason to lament What man has made of man?  These lines were sort inspiration to my thoughts of not only what man has made of man, but what man has made of nature as well. How can we call a manmade natural thing nature? Because a part of it is, yet there is an unnatural way that it got there... hmmm...enjoying the beauty of nature is so easy for me, but sometimes, it makes me infuriated in a saddened way because man chooses to try to control nature as it does its own species.

i jotted some thoughts down in my notebook:

How much power does nature have on man?
Or is the power nature has more than that of man?
Let the flower grow where it will be happiest.
Let the tree flow lopsided towards the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment